|The highly anticipated new season of the Expedia podcast “Out Travel The System” has finally launched. This means listeners can expect to enjoy more valuable travel advice from host Nisreene Atassi. Unveiled last September, “Out Travel The System” is an insightful podcast that features leading experts who discuss current trends and insider tips on all facets of travel. To learn more about the new season and its phenomenal host, Ms. Atassi took time away from her very busy schedule to answer a few questions.
Q&A With Nisreene Atassi, Global Director of Communications For Expedia
1. Can you tell us a little about the Expedia’s podcast, “Out Travel The System”? You can find more information by clicking the podcast link.
2. How many new episodes can listeners enjoy in the upcoming season? We’re looking to release at least 12. Episodes will be available every two weeks.
3. Can you give us any clues about what special guests you might have on “Out Travel The System”? Well it’s no secret that we’ve got a ton of experts under the same roof here at Expedia that we try to tap, so we’ll have lots of industry expertise giving listeners the inside scoop. But what makes our show so great is that we always try and balance our episodes with other experts (travel and more!) This ensures we’ve got a well rounded POV on every topic and more importantly, real travel stories and tips that listeners can use and relate to.
4. Can you give readers any tips on what to expect when traveling this fall/winter? Destinations are likely going to be bouncing in and out of lockdowns throughout the year. This means the most important tip is to book travel that is flexible! For the first time airlines and hotels are being really lenient with their cancellation policies, often times waiving change penalties. So if a traveler no longer feels comfortable flying, they can cancel for credit or change the date without paying a penalty. Just make sure you read the fine print to understand the policy and try and book a refundable hotel where you can, even if it means paying a little bit extra.
Related: How To Find Last Minute Hotel Deals
5. Expedia has been doing an excellent job in quickly reimbursing travelers who weren’t able to travel due to COVID-19 including myself. Where have travelers been going this summer?This has been the summer of staycations and road trips for sure! Travelers still want to get away and enjoy the summer but they’re definitely staying a little bit closer to home or taking road trips to nearby destinations. National and state parks have been super popular as travelers look to socially distance and enjoy the outdoors.
6. As the Global Sr. Director of Communications for Expedia.com, what other responsibilities are you taking on in view of the coronavirus pandemic? When COVID first hit, I worked really closely with our customer communications team to ensure that we were helping customers better understand their options for cancellations and changes. And that’s something that I continue to play a role in today. It’s a really confusing time for travelers still, so making sure they are fully aware of all of the options available to them is really important.
7. Did you have any travel plans in the next 12 months?I had planned on taking my 1 year-old baby to London, Paris and Cyprus to visit friends and family, but unfortunately that’s on hold for right now. This summer we’ve been focused on exploring our own backyard and the beautiful state of Washington and are looking to plan a few road trips for the Fall.
8. Having traveled so extensively, what’s left on your bucket list? South America – I had a trip planned to Brazil a few years back that I had to cancel, so I’m determined to get down there soon!
Where To Find The “Out Travel The System” Podcast
Out Travel The System is available on all major distribution platforms, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts. It’s also available directly through Expedia Viewfinder. Additional information on Expedia and Out Travel The System can also be found on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Related: How To Book Last Minute Travel
About Nisreene Atassi
From Africa to the Middle East to Europe and South America, Nisreene Atassi (Nissy for short) spends both her professional and personal life living and breathing travel. As the Global Head of Communications for Brand Expedia for the last several years, Nissy has found her one true happy place blending her passion for travel and storytelling as host of Out Travel The System, sharing the amazing travel stories she surfaces as well as the knowledge and findings she gets from the inner workings of the travel industry.
Expedia.com® is one of the world’s largest full-service travel sites, helping millions of travelers per month easily plan and book travel. Expedia.com 1-800-EXPEDIA) aims to provide the latest technology and the widest selection of top vacation destinations, affordable airfare, hotel deals, car rentals, destination weddings, cruise deals and in-destination activities, attractions, services and travel apps. © 2019 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Expedia and the Airplane logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CST# 2029030-50. Visit the web site www.expedia.com or use the Expedia mobile app to book cheap flights and hotels.
About The Author:
Randy Yagi is an award-winning writer who served as the syndicated National Travel Writer for CBS Local from 2012-2019. More than 900 of his stories still appear in syndication across 23 CBS Local websites, including CBS New York, CBS Los Angeles, CBS Chicago and CBS San Francisco. During his peak years with CBS, he reportedly had a digital audience reach of 489 million and had more than 5.5 million monthly visitors. Randy’s other stories have also appeared in the Daily Meal, Examiner.com, CBS Radio, Engadget and Radio.com.